We are currently looking for community members from the Northern Territory, Western Australia and Victoria to join our Community Advisory Group.
If you're passionate about rural health and looking to share your experience to help the PARTNER Network facilitate new research to be conducted in rural general practice please click the button below for more information and to apply.
Expressions of interest open.
Community / Patients
We believe better clinical trial outcomes comes from creating meaningful partnerships with patients and the community. Trials with consumer and community involvement have higher levels of acceptability, lower level of burden for participants and produce outcomes more relevant for the community.
As an organisation that provides infrastructure that builds rural primary care-based clinical trial capacity, helps increase access to clinical trials for rural Australians and supports the development of new rural clinical trials our goal is to:
Embed consumers in all aspects of our work
Embrace the diverse skills, lived experience & abilities of our consumers to enhance the quality of our work
Create opportunities to connect rural primary care researchers with consumers
Facilitate the development of research that is created in partnership with consumers
Better clinical trial outcomes comes from creating meaningful partnerships with patients and the community
Support for our members
If you’re a member of our Rural Community Network and would like additional training or support, please email our office. Our State Coordinators are here to help.
Here are some training and educational resources that may be helpful for community members interested in continuing to develop their skills and understanding as a consumer supporting clinical trial development and rural health research.
Information booklet for patients of general practices participating in the rural and regional PARTNER Network for clinical trials.
- A regular online newsletter providing updates on activities and trials happening in the PARTNER Network.
- Opportunities to participate in training and access to resources to support your ongoing education and development as a rural health consumer representative.
- Opportunities to join PARTNER network activities and provide input into the development of new research ideas to make sure they meet the needs of the community.
- Opportunities to join research teams as a consumer representative and Community Investigator.
- Opportunities to join the PARTNER Network Community Advisory Group when vacancies become available.